Sunday, January 21, 2007

Hello

Well, I've decided to get into this blogging thing.

First let me introduce myself. Actually I'm not going to get into too much detail. Yeah, I'm a bit paranoid. Let's just say I'm a married father of two, I live in Anaheim about two miles north of Angel Stadium and two miles east of Disneyland. For me that's just about an ideal location, as I baseball fan, and I have had an Annual Pass for over 20 years now. I am employed as a PC technician (no, I will not fix your computer) at a Southern California financial institution.

You may ask why I am calling this blog Grinning and Golfing. Well if you've seen me play golf, you would laugh. Take a gander at me swinging a golf club.



As far as hobbies are concerned, besides golf, I enjoy reading. Right now I am reading "God in the Dock" a collection of lectures and essays by C.S. Lewis. I should probably say trying to read. After a few minutes I am fighting to stay awake. Not because what Lewis is trying to say is boring, it's just that reading puts me in a relaxed state and before I know it I have nodded off.

One of my New Year's resolutions was to read more. My wife and kids are readers. There is always a pile of books in the bathroom and we have three bookcases in the living room. In addition I watch too much TV. There is not a whole lot of must-see-TV for me. But I spend a lot of time flipping channels. We have DirecTV and I am amazed that I can't find anything to watch after 170 channels.

Also, reading gets my brain going. I can imagine that I will read something and run to this blog and post a comment or take notes for posting later.

Anyway I guess that's it for now. But it's a start. See ya round


No comments: